Starting Summer 2018, Manage My Program (MMP) is the new and enhanced Change of Program workflow. This interface will allow undergraduate students to request a change to their academic program. Back to Top
MMP has the following major components:
Allows eligible undergraduate students to be able to submit a request to modify their program using the Add, Remove, and Change buttons
- Provides email communication to students upon successful submission, approved and processed request, canceled requests, requests returned to students, and denied requests
- Provides a modern and mobile compatible interface for students
- Provides real-time validation of catalog policy
- Provides a student portal to review current and previous requests
- Provides students with a mechanism to request advisor assistance with selection of effective term and catalog year
- Retains a copy of the request in the student's electronic record
Students may access Manage My Program from within FlashLine. Student > Resources > Advising and GPS > Change Undergraduate Program.
- All students will be able to see their current program information in MMP.
- Eligible undergraduate students will be able to submit a request to modify their program using the Add, Remove, and Change buttons.
- Ineligible students will receive a message that indicates why they are unable to use the interface.
- Graduate students
- Students who have already graduated
- Students who need to be enrolled
- Students who have yet to start classes and need to work with admissions
- College Credit Plus students
- English as a Second Language students
The below video will give a brief overview of how students can use Manage My Program.
Step 1: Select desired change. Eligible undergraduate students will be able to submit a request to modify their program using the Add, Remove, and Change buttons.
Step 2: Perform a search. Typing in the search field retrieves information, based on the information entered, as listed in any of the display columns. Once the desired program has been found click on the "Select" button.
Step 3: Once the program has been selected, if an instructional method or campus needs to be selected, this will appear next. Once this has been selected click, "Continue".
Step 4: Once the program selection has been made the Catalog and Effective term needs to be selected. Please note that making changes may increase the time toward earning degree and may result in a change to program fees.
Step 5: In the catalog year drop down select the desired catalog year and check the college assistance check box to allow for assistance in making the catalog year selection. In the effective term drop down select the desired effective term and check the college assistance check box to allow for assistance in making the effective term selection. Once all items are filled in click "Finish".
Step 6: If college assistance is not checked a popup will display. Click either "Cancel" to go back and make adjustments or click "Ok" to move forward.
Step 7: Review your pending selection and click "Submit".
Step 8: A confirmation page will appear.
After the workflow is submitted it goes to the college for review. If it is approved by the college it moves to the Office of the University Registrar for processing. Once the student's record is updated an email will be sent to the student's @kent.edu email informing them that their information has been updated.
Students can receive the following emails regarding their change of program:
- Successful submission
- Approved and processed
- Returned to student
- By student
- By approver
Students should contact the One Stop for Student Services at 330-672-6000 or their academic advisor.