Transcript Requests

All financial obligations to Kent State University must be satisfied before a transcript is released.


Official Transcripts


Copies of your official academic transcript are available through the following delivery methods. Please allow extra processing time at the beginning and ending of each semester.  


Final grades and degree postings do not appear on official transcripts until the end of the term. To find processing dates, please visit Grades and Transcript Processing Dates. Please order official transcripts after the processing dates to ensure that final grades and degree postings will be included. If you have any questions, please email


Official, certified paper transcript.  This is a fast, secure and environmentally-friendly delivery method.  Send your official transcript (undergraduate level only) electronically to another Ohio Public Institution.  This service is free.  

List of Eligible Institutions

  • Reflects official grade and degree information at the time the request is processed. Special requests to hold for current term grades or degrees are available. 
  • Current and recently enrolled students log in to FlashLine and go to Student / Resources / Requests and Authorizations. Within this section, click on Request Official Transcript. On the Official Transcript Menu, click on 'Electronic Exchange to Ohio Public Institutions.




Official, certified, electronic transcript! This is a secure and environmentally-friendly delivery method to employers, agencies, and other institutions (Ohio non-public, non-Ohio and for graduate admission).

  • Students can choose some recipient options in a drop-down selection as a matter of convenience or type specific email address of their choice for individuals, businesses or institutions on the order request. Note that for most educational institutions included on the list, the transcript will be routed to their admissions office. If you have a specific contact person and their email, you should provide their name and email address for the recipient information. 
  • There are unlimited downloads once the email is sent with the link to access the official e-transcript. Access to the completed transcript order expires in 30 days.
  • The E-Transcript reflects official grade and degree information at the time the request is processed. Special requests to hold for current term grades or degrees are not available, at this time. Specific dates for availability of current semester grades and degrees may be found on the Processing Dates for Grades and Transcripts page.
  • A $9.00 convenience fee per transcript will be charged to your credit card. This is a nonwaivable fee.
  • Current and recently enrolled students log in to FlashLine and click on Request Official Transcript in the Student Category / Resources Page / Grades and Transcripts Section. On the Official Transcript Menu, click on 'eTranscript.'
  • Former students who cannot access FlashLine will need to create an account with Parchment.
  • Any current or former student can create a Parchment account to use this service to request a transcript. A school or personal email address can be used to create the account.
  • If a student is specifically having difficulty creating a Parchment account OR difficulty accessing Parchment, they must contact Parchment Support.
  • Parchment important links:


Parchment offers a print and mailed service. An official transcript can be ordered through Parchment for a $9.00 convenience fee for each transcript.

Please create a Parchment account, if you do not have one, in order to request a paper transcript.

The requestor should provide the recipient name (individual and/or organization) and an accurate mailing address. 

3rd Party Ordering:

If you are a 3rd party ordering on behalf of a student, you have the option of submitting a request via Parchment for an electronic transcript or paper transcript.

You will be required to create an account with Parchment.

  • A $9.00 convenience fee per transcript will be charged to your credit card. 
  • Please be aware that if there are holds of any kind on the student's record, there will be delays.
  • Please be prepared to upload a proper release of information from the student, which meets our institutional FERPA requirements.
  • Be prepared to provide the following information: Student's full name, date of birth, KSU Student ID.
  • For 3rd Party order inquiries, please email

Other Inquires

Federal Investigators requesting a transcript should email for assistance. Transcripts cannot be faxed.

Students with a transcript financial hold on their accounts, who are in need of an official transcript for employment reasons, should email After verification has been received directly from the employer, the student will be provided with next steps that they need to complete. An official transcript will then be provided, directly to the potential employer. 

Students with a transcript financial hold on their account, who need an official transcript for scholarship purposes, should email Verification must be received from the 3rd party. If an exception is made and the student is approved for the release of one transcript, the student will be provided with next steps. 


Unofficial Transcripts

The Office of the University Registrar does not issue unofficial transcripts. Only official transcripts are provided. Please see information regarding official transcripts. 

The Current students can view an unofficial version of their transcripts by logging in to FlashLine and clicking on View Unofficial Transcript in the Student Category / Resources Page / Grades and Transcripts Section

Transcript Legend

View the transcript legend that is printed on the reverse side of the transcript (PDF)


Transcript Holds

Students with past due balances on their student account are subject to transcript and registration holds per University Policy. However, students in need of an official transcript for employment purposes can request a copy of their transcript be provided directly to the potential employer by emailing

For additional information about transcript holds please contact the One Stop for Student Services at 330-672-6000 or via the 'Contact Us' form on the One Stop website. If you are enrolled at a Regional Campus, you can also contact your Regional Campus Student Services area. Once your hold has been resolved, please email