University Communications and Marketing web team coordinates the overall administration of Kent State’s website.
Web team serves as the starting point for departments and faculty members across campuses that would like to take advantage of Drupal, the university's content management system (CMS), to develop and maintain their own websites. Currently, templates which integrate with the institutional website’s redesign and support the university's visual identity program, are available at no charge. Access to Drupal is provided as a courtesy of the Division of Information Technology.
Web Team Responsibilities Include:
- Website brand standards
- Content maintenance on www.kent.edu including:
- Photo updates
- Success Stories - If you have a success story that you'd like featured on the university's home page let us know! UCM's writers can help develop the story and photographers can capture professional images to go with it.
- Training and support for our 300+ university community members who contribute to departmental websites
- Google Analytics analysis
- Focus group and usability testing research
- Search engine optimization efforts
- Website accessibility efforts
- Departmental website guidance, support and custom functionality development
- Crisis communication delivery in collaboration with the university's police department and media relations
- FlashLine content and postings
- Online directory support