- Meet with a career advisor to explore interests, skills, values and lifestyle preferences as part of choosing a career and major.
- Learn career decision-making strategies for making occupational, academic and career choices.
- Write a resume, practice interviewing, and network using social media.
- Gain tips for locating internships, co-ops, part-time and professional work experiences.
- Find employment overseas, nationally and locally. Also, learn about visa regulations in the United States using GoinGlobal.
We’ll help you simplify the process of selecting a career or major by suggesting tools to make this undertaking manageable and even fun. Whether you are selecting a career for the first time, changing majors, or investigating your next career move, our staff of career advisors are here to help and encourage you along the way.
Resumes & Letters
Visually attractive, well thought-out resumes and cover letters are powerful employment search tools that should help you showcase your unique credentials and land an interview.
Part-Time / Full-Time Positions
Learn employment search strategies and apply them to your search for full-time, part-time and student employment. Apply to positions posted by employers targeting the KSU talent pool. On-campus student positions and graduate assistantships are posted by departments across all eight campuses. Register NOW and upload your resume!
Read about student employment at Kent State University.
Since the decision to attend graduate school requires careful planning, start early and take advantage of our many resources.
We look forward to assisting all international students in their employment search including those from the top sending countries of China, Saudi Arabia, India, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Brazil and Oman. Connect with us early on to prepare and plan for a successful internship/full-time position search.
Provide career planning support for students by requesting a presentation on a variety of career topics. Requests are granted on a first-come, first-served basis and should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date preferred. Multiple requests should be submitted separately.
Career Advice Videos
Get real-word advice from graduates, employers, and professionals on topics.
Find other helpful career weblinks grouped together by categories.