Your future is our focus!
Let us help you dream it ~ believe it ~ achieve it.
Whether you need answers and direction on careers and majors, testing the waters through an internship, or obtaining employment, we are here to help.
Students and Alumni can:
- Meet with a career expert to explore interests, skills, values and lifestyle preferences as part of choosing a career and major.
- Learn career decision-making strategies for making occupational, academic and job choices.
- Write a resume, practice interviewing, and network using social media.
- Gain tips for locating internships, part-time and professional work experiences.
Faculty and Staff can:
- Request a presentation on a variety of career topics
- Incorporate career focused assignments and refer students to our office for resume critiques, mock interviews, internship and job search assistance, and more.
- Access the Student Employment Handbook, post campus jobs through the Experience Job & Internship Board and hire students through CampusWorks.
- View the Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring from the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Also find advice on how to write reference letters.
- Locate a rich pool of well-educated and talented candidates through a variety of recruiting services.
Parents & Families can:
- Find help with understanding the career planning process and how you can support your student.
- View a quick fact sheet of our services (PDF).
As the University’s Career Services Center:
- We are a centralized, comprehensive resource for students across all eight campuses of Kent State University.
- Students in the College of Business Administration may also utilize their Career Services Office.
- Regional campus students may also contact a regional campus staff member for career planning support.