Your Future is Our Focus! Let us help you ~ Dream It ~ Believe It ~ Achieve It
Life is full of questions like: “What can I do with this major?" and "What careers are in demand?” Whether you need answers and direction on careers and majors, testing the waters through an internship, or obtaining employment, we are here to help!
Students and Alumni can:
- Meet with a career expert to explore interests, skills, values and lifestyle preferences as part of choosing a career and major
- Learn career decision-making strategies for making occupational, academic and job choices
- Write a resume, practice interviewing, and network using social media
- Gain tips for locating internships, part-time and professional work experiences
Faculty and Staff can:
- Request a presentation on a variety of career topics
- Incorporate career focused assignments and refer students to our office for resume critiques, mock interviews, internship and job search assistance, and more.
- Access the Student Employment Handbook, post campus jobs through the Experience Job & Internship Board and hire students through CampusWorks.
- Locate a rich pool of well-educated and talented candidates through a variety of recruiting services.
Parents & Families can:
- Find help with understanding the world of careers, the career planning process, and how you can best support your student.
As the University’s Career Services Center:
We are a centralized, comprehensive resource for all students and alumni of Kent State University. In addition to our services, students in the College of Business may utilize the specialized COB Career Services Office within their college. Regional campus students may also contact a regional campus staff member for career planning support.