This handbook is an electronic resource designed to assist faculty in working with the Honors College and our students.
The Honors College is successful in enriching the academic experience for our students when we have faculty in numerous disciplines across campus who contribute in significant ways to the success of the program.
Faculty Involvement in Honors
The role of the faculty in fulfilling the mission of the Honors College cannot be overstated. Whether you are teaching an Honors course, mentoring an Individual Honors Work project or portfolio, or directing a Senior Honors Thesis, your work is critical to our efforts to attract students to the program, to provide high expectations for academic excellence, and to provide an environment for student success.
Faculty can participate in the Honors experience in a variety of ways, including:
- Teaching an Honors course
- Advising a Senior Project
- Directing Individual Honors Work
- Mentoring Honors students
- Overseeing Honors students in assistance you with your scholarship/research
- Serving on the Honors College Policy Council
- Attending Honors events (e.g. Graduation Receptions, Honors Speaker Events, & Honors Service Days)
- Participating in Honors trips such as Honors courses with study abroad opportunities
- Planning a community service project with Honors students
- Encouraging your high ability students to complete a Senior Honors Thesis/Project