Alpha Lambda Delta
Founded in 1924, Alpha Lambda Delta is an honor society for students in their first year at an institution of higher education. We recognize those students who have succeeded in maintaining a 3.5 or higher GPA, and are in the top 20% of their class, in their first year.
The purpose of the society is to encourage superior academic achievement among students in their first year in institutions of higher education, to promote intelligent living and a continued high standard of learning, and to assist women and men in recognizing as well as developing meaningful goals for their roles in society.
Why Join Alpha Lambda Delta?
Membership in Alpha Lambda Delta shows that you are a highly successful college student and, as such, is a fabulous resume-builder. Additionally, members get all of the support and recognition that comes from being part of a recognized, well-established Society with over 900,000 lifetime members. But the benefits don’t end there:
- Members receive a membership certificate, ALD insignia jewelry, and copy of the Society’s annual newsmagazine, the Flame
- National Alpha Lambda Delta offers over $180,000 in direct financial aid to its members each year, with over $75,000 in direct assistance to undergraduate members, over $90,000 in fellowships for members pursuing graduate or professional studies, and $15,000 in awards for members entering study-abroad programs.
- Local service projects and other programs give members the opportunity to effect positive change in the campus, local, and national communities.
- Leadership programs with Alpha Lambda Delta start in the first year – start developing your leadership skills now and make your mark as a campus leader early on!
- Recognition for members doesn’t end in the first year – members are eligible to wear ALD honor cords, stoles, or medallions at graduation and members who maintain their academic excellence throughout their college career may receive additional recognition as seniors.
- Membership in Alpha Lambda Delta requires no additional time commitment.
Officers & Advisors
The Kent State University chapter of Alpha Lambda Delta is managed by a group of dedicated officers and two advisors. Without the help of these devoted individuals, the chapter would not exist!
Academic Advisor II
Social Media Director