The Honors College Living-Learning Community is specifically for students who have been admitted to the Honors College.
A diverse academic and social community, students are provided with the opportunity to live and learn together in an atmosphere dedicated to holistic learning. The community is designed to engage students out of the classroom in social and educational programs designed to promote intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and independence.
Students who participate in the Honors College Living-Learning Community, located in Stopher and Johnson Halls, will be exposed to opportunities unique to students who strive for academic success, participate in leadership opportunities along with other top students, develop friendships through common goals, courses, and conversation, and be exposed to faculty and staff to enhance their academic experience at Kent State University.
The Stopher-Johnson Complex houses the administrative offices of the college, as well as housing accommodations for 440 honors students. Students who live in the Honors College living-learning community have convenient access to the Honors College library and computer lab and classrooms where most of the Freshman Honors Colloquia are taught.
How to Apply for Honors College Housing
Students who have been admitted to the Honors College should list Stopher and/or Johnson Hall as their preferred hall and choose the Honors College LLC as a preference on the Residence Services housing application.
Students are not guaranteed a housing assignment in Stopher or Johnson Halls and are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Housing assignments are made by the Department of Residence Services, and questions about housing applications and assignments should be directed to the Residence Services staff.
Honors College Housing Exception Request Form
Are you an Honors student who’s thinking of living with someone who is NOT in the Honors College? You can request permission to select Stopher or Johnson Halls on your housing application even if all of the requested roommates are NOT members of the Honors College.
Please note the following:
- At least one of the roommates must be a current member of the Honors College.
- Requests are reviewed and considered by the Honors College. You will receive email notification of the outcome of your request.
- If your request is granted, you will have the ability to select Stopher and/or Johnson Halls on your housing application.
- This form does not replace the housing application for Kent State University. All students who wish to reside on campus are required to submit the online application for housing through Residence Services.
- This form is only available to current, continuing students at Kent State University. No requests from new, incoming students will be considered.