- Named for Emmet C. Stopher, Registrar, 1927-1954.
- Originally constructed in 1949 and demolished during the summer of 2004. This facility opened in Fall 2006.
- Houses approximately 180 Honors College students (first-year and upper division)
- Houses Honors Students
- Co-ed and has three floors
- Rooms are carpeted and air conditioned
- Features study and social lounges, common areas, laundry and kitchen facilities
- Honors College and Classrooms are on the ground level
Hall Mailing Address:
Kent State On-Campus Mail Center
1375 Eastway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
375 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Stopher Hall is comprised of double and triple rooms that have private bathrooms. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options! To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page. Fridge, Freezer, Microwave Units come standard in the rooms. Beds use extra long sheets. Most rooms are 11'6" feet wide and 25 feet deep (including bathroom).
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
To find information regarding hall policies such as visitation or quiet hours, please visit https://www.kent.edu/housing/hallways-handbook.
Dining Close to Stopher Hall:
Johnson and Stopher Halls are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), a Graduate Assistant (GA), and twelve Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's primary goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Stopher-Johnson Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.