Hall Posting Policy
In order to support the advertising of various programs and events on campus, The Department of Residence Services has developed a posting policy for the residence halls. This policy is meant to support the activities put on by students in a variety of organizations. In addition, this policy is meant to provide structure in order to ensure proper posting procedures as well as maintain the aesthetics of our buildings.
The Department of Residence Services has the right to refuse any advertising done within University residence halls that does not support the goals and objectives of the department, the Division of Student Affairs, or the university community.
Failure to obtain permission or adhere to the guidelines stated in this policy may result in forfeiting the organization/department's right to display posters/flyers in the residence halls for the remainder of the academic year.
University Departments and registered student organizations in good standing are permitted to display posters/flyers and must receive pre-approved permission to post any items in the residence halls on campus from Residential Services; see details below on how to request permission. Posters/flyers will only be hung by hall staff. Individuals MAY NOT post any items in the building. This is to ensure items are placed in appropriate locations. Items not approved will be removed. Flyers may only be placed in approved posting areas. Flyers will not be allowed to be posted on doors, windows, or chalkboards. Resident hall directors have the discretion to work with students from their buildings to post flyers in their halls.
To obtain approval by the Department of Residence Services for distribution and posting at designated locations in the residence halls, posters/flyers needs to contain the following:
- description of event/activity/service
- identification of the sponsoring organization or department
- whether there is any charge for the event
- the date/time/location of the event
- reason for the event/activity/service
- email address of person or organization
A sample of the proposed poster/flyer should be submitted either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in person to the Korb Hall Reception Desk attention Laurel Fisher. The Department of Residence Services will review each submission and notify the student organization if approval is granted, denied, or if changes need to be made. For this purpose, please include contact information when dropping off the flyer.
The poster should be no larger than 11”x14".
After Approval is Obtained for Posters/Flyers:
- The student organization/University departments need to bring the approved version of the flyer to the Korb Hall Reception Desk counted out by hall as outlined below.
- Flyers need to be received a minimum of seven (7) business days in advance of the event, so there is time for the flyer to be distributed.
- Student organizations/University departments need to have the piles of flyers clearly marked and sorted or counted out by hall (as outlined below). If the organization only wants to advertise in select halls – that is OK – the piles should reflect the targeted halls.
- The Korb Hall Reception Desk staff will place the flyers into RHD/ARHD mailbox for each hall.
- The A/RHD will distribute flyers to hall staff members and each RA will post a flyer on their respective floor.
- The RAs will remove flyers from the floors once the date has passed.
Quantities of Posters/Flyers:
It is the student organization/University department's responsibility to count and separate the appropriate number of flyers for each residence hall. The numbers reflect the number of staff members in each hall as well as the lobby and desk areas (if applicable) for each hall location. The flyers need to be grouped and labeled with the residence hall name and then brought to Korb Hall.
Number of Posters/Flyers by Location
|Residence Hall||# of Staff Members||# of Lobby Areas or Area Desks||TOTAL # of Posters/Flyers|
|171 = TOTAL|