Check to see if your homeowner's or renter's insurance covers your belongings while you're at KSU. University insurance covers facilities only. Kent State University is not responsible for student personal property that is lost, stolen, or damaged. You may also contact an agency that offers policies specifically for on-campus housing students.  Below are some companies that provide insurance policies for college students: