More information about housing for Spring Break 2019 will be available in February 2019.
Spring Break Housing
Summer Housing 2018
Summer housing is available to all Kent State students who will be taking summer classes and/or who are enrolled for fall classes. Summer housing for 2018 will be located in Prentice Hall.
- Double room: $193 per week
- Single room: $219 per week (limited availability)
- Double room with private bath: $216 per week (limited availability)
- Buyout/deluxe single (double-as-single): $258 per week
Beginning April 2, 2018, to apply for summer housing, please visit Residence Services’ central office in Korb Hall, Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm, to complete the application in our office. Summer housing is contracted on a weekly basis starting Sunday and ending on Saturday. You may add or remove weeks from your summer housing application at any point by completing a Change of Contract Form at the Residence Services office in Korb Hall.
Students who reside on campus during the spring semester will be able to move directly into their summer housing assignment if they are contracted for the first week of the intersession term. All residence hall policies will remain in effect throughout the summer.
If you would like to print your own copy to bring to our main office in Residence Services, you can find the application here.
Winter Break Housing
More information about winter break housing will be available in October 2018.
Winter Break Check Out
Not returning for the Spring semester, preparing for check-out or preparing for a room change?
The following procedures will help guide you through the process and ensure your student account is accurate:
You must officially checkout of your room. To do so you will need to schedule an appointment with an RA. If your RA is not available, please contact your Residence Hall Director or Area Desk for information on how to contact an RA who can assist you.
Avoid Extra Charges
We want to complete the Room Condition Report (RCR) in your presence to avoid any misunderstanding about damages and charges and to have you sign/date the RCR. Failure to sign/date the RCR with a Residence Services staff member will result in an improper check-out charge of $25.00 being assessed to your Bursar account. Following the closing of the halls, an Official Damage Inspection of all rooms will be assessed by the Residence Hall Director. Any damage previously undetected by the RA, found during the Official Damage Inspection, will be charged to ALL room occupants residing in the room at the time of closing.
Before you contact your RA to check-out, please remove all personal items and clean your room. This includes:
- Removal of any “Stars/tape”, etc. from ceiling, windows, and walls to avoid charges.
- Empty closets and drawers. Check upper sections of the closet and behind bottom drawers of dresser for items.
- Remove wall hangings.
- Room automation items (window sensor, power strip, and others) should be left in the room.
- Remove any carpet & carpet tape you may have brought in carefully to avoid damage to floor tile.
- Sweep the floor (not into the hallway) and place debris in the trash.
- Clean, defrost, and unplug your micro-fridge (unless you have a roommate who is staying). Check for ice trays and micro-fridge turntable. Leave appliance doors OPEN.
- Close and lock windows and close draperies/blinds/shades.
- Empty trash cans/recycle bins and dispose of all trash in appropriate containers (recycle).
If you are not returning for the Spring Semester, all personally built lofts must be disassembled by 8:00 PM, Friday, December 11th, so as not to cause a disruption during 24 hour quiet hours of finals week. If you have a rental loft from Bedloft.com, these units will be picked up the week of December 21st.
Residents of Leebrick who are not returning for the Spring Semester: The Bedloft micro-fridge rental vendor will pick-up your rented micro-fridge the week of December 21st. Please empty, clean, defrost, and unplug your micro-fridge before the last resident leaves your room. Leave micro-fridge door open.
Failure to remove all personal furniture (chairs, couches, desk, bricks, lumber, carpet, unwanted personal items) can result in a $50.00 minimum fine per item left in and around the residence halls. Discarded personal furniture must be placed beside the open top dumpster outside of your building to avoid being billed.
All university property other than the equipment and furniture assigned to each room is to be returned to its original location. In addition, all furniture assigned to each room must be accounted for in that room.
- All beds that have been disassembled must be properly reassembled before you leave to avoid being charged. All bunked beds must use 4 bed pins. Remaining pins are to be placed in the top desk drawer for next year.
- Window screens must be in place.
- Keys must be returned to the Area Desk when you officially check-out of your room. The cost of key-card replacement is $25.00 per key-card.
Disposal of Trash and Unwanted Belongings
Please properly dispose of all items you do not wish to pack and take home.
- Garbage bags are available at the Area Desks to assist with removal of trash.
- Outside of each hall white dumpsters are used for general mixed recycling only.
- The large green dumpsters are for cardboard only.
Winter Break Room Changes
More information about winter break room changes will be available in November 2018.
- Future Residents
- Current Residents
- Residence Halls
Street Address1425 Petrarca Drive Kent, Ohio 44242
Mailing AddressPO Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001