Spring Semester Closing
- You are required to leave the residence hall no later than 24 hours after your last final or by Friday, May 11 at 7pm- whichever comes first. If you need to stay more than 24 hours past your last final, contact your Residence Hall Director by Friday, May 4.
- All students must check out of their residence hall room with a staff member. For more information on your hall’s checkout, please refer to posted signs and e-mails from your Resident Assistant or Residence Hall Director.
- Our halls officially close Friday, May 11 at 7pm. Hall staff will check all rooms and clear the building at 7pm.
What to Do When You’re Ready to Leave:
- Remove all belongings from your room. Please donate any unwanted, non-perishable items to Throw N Go.
- Clean everything. Leave closet, dresser and desk drawers open.
- Clean, defrost, and unplug your microfridge. Leave the microwave door open.
- Remove any stars/tape from the ceiling and walls and any tape/paint from windows. Remove wall hangings.
- Clean off the white board in the hallway by your door.
- Close and lock your windows, and close your drapes/blinds.
- Return all university property to its original location.
- Return your beds to the configuration noted in e-mails from your Resident Assistant or RHD.
- Sweep the floor (not into the hallway) and place debris in the trash. Take the trash to the trash room- do not leave it in the hallway.
- Turn off your air conditioning/heating system and all lights.
- Do not just leave. An RA must assist you with checkout for you to avoid fines. An RA will not do your checkout until you have completed the above tasks.
After You Leave:
- After you leave, the RHD and ARHD will inspect your room. Any damage will be charged to ALL occupants.
- The RHD and ARHD will have the final say in all billing.
- If you signed a 2018-2019 Residence Hall Contract and have since decided not to return to the residence halls, or if you find you are eligible to live off campus, you must cancel your contract with Residence Services.
- 24-hour quiet hours go into effect at 8pm on Friday, May 4 and will continue until everyone leaves.
- Garbage bags are available at the Area Desks and trash rooms to assist with removal of trash. Outside of each hall, dumpsters are used for general mixed recycling only. The large green dumpsters are for cardboard only.
- Place any large items and other items you do not want in the Throw and Go bins on the first floor. These items can include non-perishable food, clothes, rugs, furniture and other usable items.
- The desk will close at Midnight on Friday, May 11. First-class mail and packages will be forwarded over summer.
- Take your bicycles home when you leave at the end of the semester!
- Do not drive or park on the lawn or sidewalks. Please park in appropriate parking lots.
- Please do not leave furniture, carpet, lofts, or trash in the hallway.
- Summer Housing applications are available at Residence Services in Korb Hall, if you need to stay over the summer.