- Named for John T. Johnson, Professor of Agriculture and Photography, 1912-1951.
- Originally constructed in 1956 and demolished during the summer of 2004. This facility opened in Fall 2006.
- Houses approximately 220 Honors College students (first-year and upper division)
- Co-ed and has three floors
- Rooms are carpeted and air conditioned
- Building-wide wireless access coverage
- Features study and social lounges, fireplaces, common areas, laundry and kitchen facilities
- Honors College offices and classrooms on ground level
Hall Mailing Address:
Johnson Hall - KSU
375 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
325 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Johnson Hall is comprised of double and triple rooms that have private bathrooms. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options! To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page. Microfridges come standard in the rooms. Beds use extra long sheets. Most rooms are 11'6" feet wide and 25 feet deep (including bathroom).
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m.- Midnight
- Weekend: 10 a.m. Friday - Midnight Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Johnson Hall at any time.
- Smoking and tobacco use will not be permitted on any of Kent State’s campuses or other locations and properties that are owned, operated or leased by Kent State, both domestic and international. This includes all areas within Kent State properties, including buildings, grounds, roads, parking lots, recreational areas and sidewalks. Since the policy applies to streets and parking lots, smoking will not be permitted in personal vehicles on university property.
Dining Close to Johnson Hall:
Johnson and Stopher Halls together are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD) and twelve Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's primary goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Stopher-Johnson Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the Stopher-Johnson complex, as well as the whole campus.
- Double with Private Bath: $3,844
- Triple with Private Bath: $3,640