Ticket fines are based on the total number of tickets issued to a specific license plate number during an academic year (fall semester through summer III semester). At the start of each fall semester, the ticket count resets to zero, however you are still responsible for any unpaid ticket(s) from previous semesters.
The ticket rates automatically increase as follows:
- Ticket(s) 1-2: $15 each
- Tickets 3-8: $35 each
- Tickets 9 and over: $50 each
- A $5 late fee will be added to any unpaid ticket after 7 calendar days.
Other ticket rates:
- Displaying a lost, stolen, altered or counterfeit permit: $100
- Parking in a handicap space: $100
Other ticket information:
- A license plate that has been issued 9 or more tickets – paid or unpaid – has reached "Frequent Violator" status and is subject to booting and/or towing.
- An IOU issued for unpaid parking in the Student Center visitor's lot must be paid within 7 calendar days or it will become a ticket. The ticket rate will increase as indicated above.
Ticket payments may be made:
- Online using MasterCard, Visa, Discover or electronic check
- In person at the Parking Services office in room 123 Schwartz Center
- By depositing the ticket and payment in the red courtesy boxes located near the parking meters in most parking lots
- By mail to:
Parking Services Kent State University
123 Schwartz Center
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242
Ticket collection Information:
- Any unpaid student ticket(s) will be transferred to the Bursar's office for collection if not paid within 10 business days. It is possible to owe both the Bursar's office and Parking Services for outstanding tickets.Ticket collection Information:
- Any unpaid ticket(s) may prevent a university employee from purchasing a parking permit. In addition, the unpaid tickets may be sent to the Ohio Attorney General's office for collection.
- Any unpaid tickets issued to vehicles of individuals not affiliated with the university will be sent to the Ohio Attorney General's office for collection.