Faculty/Staff Parking Permits
The vehicles of all Kent State employees and students must display valid parking permits obtained through Parking Services while parked on campus. (Kent State University policy 4-08.1).
- Current Faculty/Staff – Full or part-time employees who did not renew online, need to change parking areas or want to purchase a permit using a payment other than payroll deduction can bring the completed parking permit application (PDF) and payment to the Parking Services office in room 123 Schwartz Center.
- New University Employees – Bring the completed parking permit application (PDF) to the Parking Services office in room 123 Schwartz Center. If you want to use payroll deduction to purchase your permit, you may be required to pay for a portion of the current month before payroll deduction can be started.
- Separation of University Employment or Temporary Leave – Bring your parking permit to Parking Services to stop payroll deduction or to receive a prorated refund.
Faculty/Staff Permit Options
- Faculty/Staff Parking Permit (Red) - $152.88/year, $57.33/semester
This permit is issued to most Kent State University employees for parking in their designated R lot. This permit is also honored in other non-restricted R lots for up to 4 hours.
- Faculty/Staff Evening Only Permit - $57.33/year, $28.67/semester
This permit allows parking after 4 p.m. in your assigned R lot, and also offers daytime parking in the Allerton Sports Complex lot and the Summit East lot. During summer, and during the Winter Recess and Spring Recess, you may park at any time in the R lot designated on your permit.
- Morning and Weekend Permit - $76.44/year, $38.22/semester
This permit allows parking from 6 a.m. – 11 a.m. Monday – Friday, and from 4 p.m. Friday to 11 p.m. Sunday in any non-restricted section of the R lots, C lots or in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center lot.
- 3rd Shift Parking Permit – No Charge
This permit is used by those employees who work from 10 p.m. – 8 a.m. This permit allows parking in any R parking area. If your shift begins before 10 p.m. or ends after 8 a.m., you must purchase the appropriate permit to cover the time that you are parked on campus.
- Allerton Sports Complex Permit – No Charge
Parking is permitted in the Allerton Sports Complex lot during fall and spring semesters (from the first day of classes through finals week). This permit is not valid in any other campus parking lot at any time during this time period. During summer, Winter Recess and Spring Recess, you may park in any C lot. If you opt to exchange your Allerton Sports Complex permit at any time during the year, you will be charged for the summer months that you parked for free.
- Motorcycle permit - $10/year
Parking is permitted in any designated motorcycle parking space on campus.