Certificate of Training and Development
Kent State’s Certificate of Training and Development provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to design and deliver effective employee training programs. It is a comprehensive, skills-based series of programs consisting of 24 contact hours of high-impact training for those in the human resources and learning and development professions.
The two programs comprising Kent State’s Certificate of Training and Development may be taken individually for particular skill development, or in the series to attain Kent State’s Certificate of Training and Development.
Facilitator: Amy Edmonds
Successful course design is a combination of art and science. Today's competitive environment requires training professionals to deliver high quality, high impact training; often with little budget and under severe time constraints.
Following the maxim, "we learn by doing," this workshop provides hands-on activities for exploring ways to develop effective courses. Participants will receive templates and tools for developing courses using lessons learned. After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss key principles of adult learning and learning stylesPlan small to mid-sized training design and development projects
- Analyze training needs
- Design training programs
- Develop program materials
- Implement new programs
- Evaluate program effectiveness
- Wednesday's, April 2 and 9, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Twinsburg - $590
Facilitator: Christine Zust
This program builds on what was learned in the course design and development program and takes a deeper look at training and instruction. You will:
- Review the five-step accelerated learning model (Learner Preparation, Connection, Creative Presentation/Discovery, Activation, Integration)
- Understand the three primary adult learner styles (Auditory, Visual, Kinesthetic)
- Know the difference between informing and instructing
- Apply the accelerated learning process to a sample instructional topic
- Organize the design materials for effective learning experiences
- Wed., April 16, 2014, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Twinsburg - $295