Defer Your Admission
New students that would like to start their program at Kent State for a future semester are welcome to defer their admission. Your admission is valid up to two (2) semesters from the original term of admission. Restrictions for deferrals may apply as some academic programs only admit for the Fall term
1. Log into your applicant portal at https://apply.kent.edu/apply/
2. Scroll to Forms, and click Admission Offer Confirmation.
For Graduate students, the Admission Offer Confirmation form is located below your Application Checklist.
For Undergraduate students, the OGE Admission Offer Confirmation form is located above your Application Checklist.
3. Select I ACCEPT my offer of admission on your application, and click Yes under the question “Do you want to change your entry term.” Your options will automatically populate.
4. Click on the New Term Requested.
5. Type your name in the Electronic Signature box and click submit.
6. A staff member in the International Admissions office will review your request, and you will be notified if your request is approved or denied via email. We will reach out to you regarding your new immigration documents. Please note to receive an updated I20, you will be asked to submit new financial documents if your previous financial documents are older than 6 months.