Overview of Graduate Programs in Biological Sciences
Welcome to the Biological Sciences graduate program. The Department of Biological Sciences at Kent State University offers an innovative coursework-based Master of Arts (MA) degree as well as research-based Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees. All graduate students, regardless of program, have the opportunity to engage in research with internationally recognized faculty.
Students in the MS and PhD programs major in one of the following research based degrees:
- Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Integrative Physiology and Neurobiology
* Graduate Assistantships are granted to students enrolled in the Biological Sciences MS & PhD programs.
Students in the MA program can choose one of the non-research based concentrations in a subfield of biology:
- Self-Guided Biology program (no concentration)
- Biological Data Analytics concentration
- Cellular and Molecular Biology concentration
- Medical Biology concentration
- Environmental Biology concentration
* Graduate Assistantships are NOT available for students enrolled in the Biological Sciences MA program.