Darren L. Bade
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Clevinger C.C., R.T. Heath and D.L. Bade. 2013. Oxygen use by nitrification in the hypolimnion and sediments of Lake Erie. Journal of Great Lakes Research. In press.
- Chaffin, J.D., T.B Bridgman and D.L. Bade. 2013 Nitrogen constrains the growth of late-summer cyanobacterial blooms in Lake Erie. Advances in Microbiology, Special Issue - Cyanobacteria. In press.
- Warren, D.R., K.E. Judd, D.L. Bade, G.E. Likens, C.E. Kraft. 2013. Effects of wood removal on stream habitat and nitrate uptake in two northeastern US headwater streams. Hydrobiologia 717:119–131. DOI 10.1007/s10750-013-1578-6
- Leff, L.G., D.L. Bade, J. Scaffidi, C.E. Williamson, C. Woolverton. 2013. Environmental Aquatic Resource Sensing: Basic Sciences, Business Education, and Outreach. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education 150:63-71.
- Van de Bogert, M.C., D.L., Bade, S.R. Carpenter, J.J. Cole, M.L. Pace, P.C. Hanson, O.C. Langman. 2012. Spatial heterogeneity strongly affects estimates of ecosystem metabolism in two north temperate lakes. Limnology and Oceanography 57(6):1689-1700.
- Staehr, P.A., D. Bade, M.C. Van de Bogert, G.R. Koch, C. Williamson, P. Hanson, J.J. Cole, T. Kratz. 2010. Lake metabolism and the diel oxygen technique: State of the science. Limnology and Oceanography: Methods 8:628-644.
- Limnology (Aquatic Ecology)
- Ecological Modeling
- Communities and Ecosystems
- Introduction to Environmental Sensors
- Biological Diversity
- Career Pathways in Biology
- Ecosystem Ecology
- Trophic Interactions
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Center for Limnology, 2004 M.S., Limnology and Marine Sciences, University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2002 B.S., Soil Science (Soil and Water Quality Specialization), University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1997
Faculty Advisor Limnology Ecology Aquatic Ecosystem Biogeochemistry
- Nomination to University of Wisconsin-Madison Teaching Assistant Fellowship (2003)., Outstanding Student Paper Award, Biogeosciences Section, American Geophysical Union (Fall Meeting 2003).