Dr. Jean Engohang-Ndong teaches multiple biology courses in the Department of Biological Sciences including, but not limited to microbiology, biological foundations, Biological diversity, human genetics, human biology, life on planet earth and biological structure and function. Jean enjoys teaching and loves interacting with his students both inside the classroom and outside. His research interests revolve around antimicrobial drug discovery, molecular mechanisms of bacterial pathogenesis and environmental microbiology. He has recently published his work on the effect of electron beam irradiation on bacterial and Ascaris ova in municipal sewage sludge. Jean is currently working on the quality of water in the Tinkers creek, a tributary of the Cuyahoga river in North East Ohio. He is also leading investigations on new chemotherapy for Buruli ulcer, a necrotizing skin disease cause by a bacterium call Mycobacterium ulcerans. Besides teaching and research, Jean is a handyman who loves working around his house with his family. He likes road trips, hiking, biking, fishing and photography.
- Euloge Ibinga, Michel Druet-Cabanac, Marc Harris Dassi Tchoupa Revegue, Jean Engohang-Ndong, Ulrick Bisvigou, Simon Jonas Ategbo, Pierre-Marie Preux, Edgard Brice Ngoungou. 2019. Impact of knowledge, attitudes, and sociocultural factors on school enrollme
- Alescia A. Roberto, Jonathon B. Van Gray, Jean Engohang-Ndong, and Laura Leff. 2019. Distribution and co-occurrence of Antibiotic and Metal Resistance Genes in Biofilms of an Anthropogenically Impacted Stream. Sci. Total Environ. 688: 437-449. https://doi
- Tara C. Smith, Dipendra Thapaliya, Sabana Bhatta, Samantha Mackey, Jean Engohang-Ndong, and Margaret Carrel. 2018. geographic distribution of livestock-associated Staphylococcus aureus in the United States. Microbes and Infect. 20(6):323-327. DOI:10.1016/
- Jean Engohang-Ndong and R. M. Uribe. (2016). Elimination of potential pathogenic microorganisms in sewage sludge using electron beam irradiation. Radiation Effects in Materials, Dr. Waldemar Alfredo Monteiro (Ed.), pp 231-245. InTech, http://dx.doi.org/10
- Jean Engohang-Ndong, R. M. Uribe, R. Gregory, M. Gangoda, M. G. Nickelsen, and Philip Loar. 2015. Effect of electron beam irradiation on bacterial and Ascaris ova loads and volatile organic compounds in municipal sewage sludge. Radiation Physics and Chemi
- Donald G. Gerbig, Jean Engohang-Ndong, and Heather Aubihl. 2013. A New Twist to the Kirby-Bauer Antibiotic Susceptibility Test Activity – Increasing Antibiotic Sensitivity of Pseudomonas fluorescens Through Thermal Stress. Journal of Microbiology and Biol
- Jean Engohang-Ndong and Donald G. Gerbig. 2013. Making basic microbiology laboratory an exciting and engaging experience. Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education. 14(1): 125-126.
- Jean Engohang-Ndong. 2012. Antimycobacterial drugs currently in phase II clinical trials and preclinical Phase for tuberculosis treatment. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 21(12):1789-800.
- Patent Jean Engohang-Ndong, Frenois F., Locht C., Villeret V. and Baulard A.R. 2003. Patent N° 0312801 (PCT/FR2004/002721 CNRS/INSERM/IPL, France) “Ligands of the mycobacterial repressor EthR: selection processes and applications.”