Why Kent State?
Why Biological Sciences at Kent State?
The Department of Biological Sciences at Kent State has much to offer our students:
• A variety of undergraduate degree programs with multidisciplinary and specialty foci, each of which can be completed in 4 years
• Diverse and active student organizations
• The opportunity to engage in independent study and laboratory research under the mentorship of our reputable faculty
• A strong network of advising to assist students throughout their undergraduate careers
• Special events designed to promote career building skills and increase awareness of employment opportunities
• A large number of courses offered each semester, including summer sessions
• A course focused specifically on how to prepare for various careers in Biology
• A collegial and open environment for learning and engagement
• Comfortable classrooms equipped with modern technology to help facilitate learning
• Integrated lab and lecture courses which allow students to learn technique, theory, and concept