Admission and Advisor Selection
Interested students should follow the application procedures provided under "Apply Now." While students must select one of the five program areas (e.g., neurosciences), choosing an advisor prior to arriving on campus is not required. Note: Prior to selecting an advisor, all incoming students are expected to rotate through laboratories in the first year.
We only offer fall admission into our programs:
- Domestic and International applications are due December 1st.
We have a free application week: Friday, October 22 through Monday, November 1. If you start your application in that week, the application fee is waived.
Admissions and funding decisions are very competitive and based on review by a committee of faculty.
In our program all admitted students are automatically considered for graduate assistantships. Please note that admissions is therefore very competitive.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Transcripts from each college or university in which 8 or more credit hours were completed. A total undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.000 on a 4.000 point scale.
- A goal or personal statement. Please include in your statement any relevant research experience, and why you are interested in the program to which you are applying. Be sure to outline your research interests and long-term goals.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- The general GRE is currently being wavied.
- A resume or curriculum vitae is optional.