You belong here!
Kent State University is located in Kent, Ohio, a town located on the banks of the Cuyahoga River. Kent is a family community with an excellent school system, tree-lined streets and a historic downtown with plenty of restaurants, shops, a cinema, and all other amenities and services you'll need. Kent State is just a short drive from the major metropolitan areas of Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, and Canton. These cities and their surrounding areas are home to more than three million people who enjoy world-class museums, theatres, national and state parks, shopping, professional sports, and Fortune 500 companies. Kent is easily accessible from the Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpikes, major highways, and the Cleveland Hopkins International and Akron-Canton airports.
Why Kent State University?
- Kent State, with its eight-campus system in Northeast Ohio, serves the state and the nation with excellence through more than 50 master's programs in more than 100 areas of specialization as well as 23 doctoral programs with more than 50 specializations.
- Graduate certificate programs are available in several areas of study. Certificates are open to both degree-seeking and nondegree-seeking students.
- Kent State faculty attract multimillion dollar research grants and contracts.
- Kent State ranks among the top 77 public universities in the country, according to the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- U.S. News & World Report gave Kent State the exclusive first-tier ranking on its Best National Universities list. Kent State ranked 194 out of 1,500 schools.
- On the international scene, Times Higher Education of London ranked Kent State among the top 200 universities in the world.
- The university offers a variety of learning options, to allow flexibility in study including convenient evening and weekend classes, as well as online learning programs.