The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the College Credit Plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon College Credit Plus enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs.
“First 15” Rule: Students must complete 15 credit hours in Level I before progressing to Level II*
* All students must meet prerequisites for any course for which they wish to register.
Level I Courses
- Course Eligibility Rule Summary (PDF)
- Kent Core (See Exceptions)
- Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG) Look-up
- Ohio Transfer 36 (OT36) Look-up
- Career-Technical Assurance Guides (CTAG) Look-up
- Course in computer science, information technology, anatomy, physiology, or foreign language, including American Sign Language
- Technical certificate
- Study skills, academic or career success skills course
- Internship Course
- *Exceptions to the “First 15” Rule may be made if the student wishes to continue with course in the same subject or tests directly into Level II course. Students who have attained the required scores on AP or IB course examinations may count the course toward the First 15. To find more information visit the AP web page.
Level II Courses
- Any other college course that is not a Level I course
- One-on-one private instruction course
- Course with fees that exceed amount set by Chancellor
- Study abroad courses
- Physical education courses
- P/F or S/U grades (unless the course is an internship or is a transferable course for all students enrolled)