Welcome to Kent State University at Tuscarawas! Kent State Tuscarawas has been recognized as one of the top universities doing the most to embrace America's veterans on G.I. Jobs 2014 list of Military Friendly Schools.
At Kent State Tuscarawas, we appreciate your service and look forward to assisting you as you pursue your education. Here are the steps you need to complete to use your GI Bill® benefits at Kent State Tuscarawas:
1. Gather Documents: Make sure you have the following list of documents to make the application process as smooth as possible. Please ensure that if you don't currently have these documents, you apply for them immediately in order to have them when they are needed.
- Driver's license or valid identification
- Social security card
- Have official college transcripts from any prior colleges sent to Kent State Tuscarawas.
- Have official high school transcript (the actual diploma will not suffice) or GED certificate sent to Kent State Tuscarawas.
- Once you know what GI Bill® you are going to use, you must complete the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) as soon as possible. Allow 8-12 weeks for processing.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and print your email confirmation. The Kent State Tuscarawas school code is 003062.
- Have your bank account and routing numbers available so your benefits can be directly deposited.
2. Apply to Kent State Tuscarawas: Apply online using the link below. Once your application is processed, you will receive an acceptance letter with instructions for placement testing. Once testing is complete, you can make an appointment to schedule your classes.
3. Complete a VA Registration Form (Every Semester): Once you've scheduled classes, complete the VA Registration Form found in the Admissions & Student Services office in Founders Hall. Return the fully completed VA Registration Form to the Admissions & Student Services office receptionist.
Resources for Veterans:
- Obtain a Social Security card
- Request your military records (DD214)
- Get a copy of your GED
- Complete a Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP)
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Contact our Veteran's Certifying Official for answers to your VA or Financial Aid questions:
Cheryl Walker 330-339-3391 | firstname.lastname@example.org