Test Proctoring at Kent State Tuscarawas
- The Office of the Assistant Dean provides test proctoring services for the situations below. Please note that when considering test deadlines, the proctoring service has very limited testing times (by appointment only). If a student fails to take a proctored test in the allotted time period, or cancels a scheduled testing appointment, the test will be returned to the instructor. It will then be the student's responsibility to contact the instructor about the issue.
- Professors' policies differ regarding makeup exams, so be sure to read your syllabus and speak with your professor about your arrangements prior to taking a test.
Qualifying SITUATIONS FOR TEST PROCTORING:
- Enrollment in an online course where the instructor is located at a different Kent campus location.
- Personal emergencies that prohibit students from taking their exam in the classroom and for which a faculty member cannot schedule an alternate time due to schedule conflicts.
- Students registered with the Office of Student Accessibility Services who have a testing accommodation from that office. (Contact Laurie Donley at 330-339-3391.)
Test Proctoring procedures:
- Students enrolled in online courses who are taking proctored exams must inform their instructor that the exam is being proctored at the Tuscarawas Campus.
- Your instructor must contact the testing site prior to scheduling the exam with details of the exam and to authorize the campus to administer the test.
- It is the student's responsibility to contact the testing site and schedule an appointment.
- Arrive at the testing location promptly at your scheduled time and present a photo ID. Students arriving late may be asked to reschedule their appointment based upon facility resources.
- The exam will be returned to the instructor per the instructions provided by them.
TO SCHEDULE A PROCTORED EXAM at the tuscarawas campus:
Dr. Stephen Minnick, Assistant Dean
Kimberley Watt Sweitzer, Special Assistant
Jackie Williams, Secretary