Apply online now, and we'll waive the $40 application fee! Just choose "Pay Later" when prompted, and we'll take care of the fee!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Complete the appropriate application for your Student Type. If you are unsure, descriptions are provided below.
- The application is used by all eight Kent State University campuses. Be sure to choose Tuscarawas as the campus you plan to attend.
- If you have previously attended Kent State University (any campus), please read information for Former Students before completing an application.
- Supplemental application materials (official transcripts, test scores, etc.) can be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Kent State University at Tuscarawas
330 University Drive NE
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
In order for your admission application to be processed in a timely manner before classes begin, you must apply by the following dates:
- Fall 2020: Aug. 15, 2020. College Credit Plus deadline is May 1, 2020.
- Spring 2021: Jan. 5, 2021
You have not attended any college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school. If you have taken college coursework while in high school (College Credit Plus), you will apply as a new freshman.
You have enrolled in a college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school, but have not completed a bachelor's degree. You are still considered a transfer student even if you don't think your previous credits will transfer to Kent State.
A guest student, also known as visiting or transient student at some institutions, may be defined as either:
- A student enrolled at another institution who wishes to take courses at Kent State University. These students typically take classes at Kent State for one semester or over the summer and then return to their home institution.
- A student who wants to take a limited number of courses for credit (maximum 18 credit hours) for personal enrichment and has no interest in pursuing a degree.
You have received a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (this includes students who attended another college after graduating from Kent State) and wish to take additional undergraduate courses. There are two types of post-undergraduate students:
- Degree-seeking: Individuals interested in seeking an additional bachelor’s degree.
- Non–degree-seeking: Individuals just interested in taking additional undergraduate coursework.
You would like to take classes for select degrees offered fully online. Students may complete undergraduate university requirements and Kent Core courses at Kent State University at Tuscarawas or any campus/location, and the major requirements online. The degree would be awarded by the approved campus or college. Additional fees are assessed for online courses.
You are a high school student who wishes to participate Ohio's College Credit Plus program, allowing qualified 7th- through 12th-grade students to take college-level classes.
Call: 330-339-3391 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text: 330-752-7870