Former Kent State Students

Welcome Back to Kent State!

If you have taken classes at Kent State University (any campus) in the past, you may not need to apply for admission (this excludes College Credit Plus students). Please read the information below regarding procedures for reenrollment and reinstatement.

Eligibility for Reenrollment

Former Kent State University students wishing to return to the university are eligible for reenrollment if:

  • You have been away from the university for more than one year.
  • You have not been dismissed from any Kent State campus.
  • You have not attended any other college or university since leaving Kent State.

If you have been dismissed from any campus of Kent State University, you must apply for reinstatement.

If you have enrolled at any other college or university since leaving Kent State, you must reapply for admission as a transfer student.

To learn more about the credits and courses you need to finish your degree before you decide to return, schedule an Academic Advising Appointment- Our advisors are available to review your completed credits and determine what is needed to finish your Kent State degree. Appointments are available virtually and in-person, please choose the Finish My Degree appointment type.

Applying for Reenrollment

  1. Complete the Application for Undergraduate Reenrollment (KSU Application Portal)
  2. You will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office when your application has been processed and you are eligible to register for classes.
  3. Use KSU Navigate or call Admissions & Student Services at 330-339-3391 to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.


Any student who has been academically dismissed from any campus of Kent State University must apply for reinstatement. Before reinstatement can be considered, a student who is dismissed should expect to be away from the university for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.

Applying for Reinstatement

  1. Print and complete the Reinstatement Application
  2. Request official college transcripts from every college or university you have attended since your dismissal from Kent State, even if you feel credit will not be transferable. Failure to report previously attended colleges or universities is falsification and may result in denial of your reinstatement application.
  3. Submit the above documents to:   
Admissions & Student Services Office 
Kent State University at Tuscarawas
330 University Dr. NE
New Philadelphia, OH 44663