Kent State University is an affiliate of the National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Individual programs are also accredited or approved by:
- The Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- Ohio Board of Nursing Education and Nurse Registration