The School of Biomedical Sciences enrolls a diverse student body. We seek the best and most motivated students for our program and are eager to help you with your career aspirations through our research and educational programs.
To assist you in applying to the program, there are many sites on this Web page and at the Kent State main web page that contain all the information you need to prepare an application for entry into the School of Biomedical Sciences. Additionally, student organizations on campus provide a wealth of information about Kent State, the surrounding community and living in the United States. You can find citizens from your home country who are eager to assist in answering questions you might have about graduate school at Kent State.
Application and Admission Timeline for Fall Admission
- We only offer fall admission into our programs.
- Application deadlines are December 1st for international students and December 15th for domestic students.
- Applications are reviewed in January. Applications must be complete at time of review for assistantship consideration.
- Top applicants interviewed February-March.
- Final decisions made March-April.
- English Proficiency: 100 iBT TOEFL / 7.0 IELTS
- GRE: successful applicants typically provide scores above the 50th percentile. (Requirement is currently waived.)
- Academic records*
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Statement of goals - include relevant research experience, if any and the area(s) of study in which you are most interested. Please outline your research interests and long term goals and clearly indicate how engaging in one of our five program areas and with the associated faculty in the School of Biomedical Sciences will allow you to achieve your career goals. Of particular importance are descriptions of previous research experience and the value gained from these activities.
- A resume is optional but can be helpful to an application.
- Be sure to check the requirements of the program you are interested in: Human Evolutionary Biology, Cellular Molecular, KSU/Cleveland Clinic Collaborative Doctoral Program, Neurosciences, Pharmacology or Physiology
When submitting items by mail, please address them to:
Office of Global Education
106 Van Campen Hall
625 Loop Road
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Or, you can email them as PDF attachments to email@example.com.
Our institution code for GRE and TOEFL scores is: 1367
A department code is not required.
http://www.kent.edu/global | +1-330-672-7980
*Please contact International Admissions with any questions regarding this requirement or visit their policy page.
Conditional Admission Policy
Does this program consider applicants for conditional admission when ...
- applicants lack an IELTS or TOEFL score: NO
- applicants have a lower IELTS/TOEFL score than that required for full admission: NO, unless they are part of an international scholarship program such as Fulbright.
- applicants unable to take the GRE in their home country: YES - however, please contact the program in advance if this is the case.
Listed below are sites that you will find useful for learning about Kent State. If you have any questions about information contained in these sites, or the application process, please visit the "How to Apply" link on the Web site front page or contact the director.