CCI Diversity initiatives advocate for and provide diversity support (EMBRACE), education (EDUCATE), and resources (EMPOWER) to the students, faculty, and staff in the College of Communication and Information (CCI).
CCI Diversity envisions the College of Communication and Information as a supportive community in which all students, faculty, and staff are valued, embraced, and enabled to participate to their fullest abilities.
About CCI Diversity
CCI Diversity provides a unified approach to diversity initiatives for all schools and disciplines within CCI. All diversity initiatives are driven by a comprehensive and inclusive definition of diversity and work to serve all CCI students who identify within various underrepresented or underserved populations.
Underrepresented or underserved student populations include, but are not limited to:
- Students of various racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Students who identify as marginalized genders and sexualities (LGBTQ+)
- Students with various religious and spiritual affiliations and beliefs
- Students with ability differences or accessibility needs (i.e., neuro-differences, psychological and mental health concerns, physical or mobility needs, sensory impairments, medical or chronic health conditions, etc.)
- Students from low-income backgrounds and/or in financial crisis
- Non-traditional students (adult learners, online learners, commuters, foster youth/former foster youth, independent students, wards of the court, etc.)
- First-generation college students
- International students
- Military and veteran students