Materials Digital Library Pathway (MatDL)
Materials Digital Library Pathway (MatDL) (NSF DUE-0532831)
- PI - Laura Bartolo (Kent State University)
- CoPIs - Sharon C. Glotzer (University of Michigan), Matthew John M. Krane (Purdue University), Adam C. Powell IV (MIT), Krishna Rajan (Iowa State University), Donald R. Sadoway (MIT)
- Sr. Investigators - Diane Geraci (University of Michigan), Vinod Tewary (National Institute of Standards and Technology), James A. Warren (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
The National Science Digital Library (NSDL) MatDL Pathway proposes to build an information infrastructure to support materials science (MS) education, research, and interactions between the two as well as to disseminate resources generated by government-funded MS collaborations. MatDL Pathway will offer MS undergraduate and graduate students, educators, and researchers content and services including:
- Tools, such as the Repository and Soft Matter Wiki, to describe, manage, exchange, archive, and disseminate data among national and international government-funded materials teams and centers.
- MatForge for open access development of modeling and simulation tools.
- Services and content for virtual labs in large undergraduate introductory science courses.
- Teaching Archive for collaborative development of core undergraduate MS teaching materials as well as ontological tools for enhanced resource discovery.