Dear Kent State University Students, Faculty and Staff,
This is a reminder that a well-fitted mask is now required indoors at these Kent State locations:
- The Cleveland Foot and Ankle Clinic
- The Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative
- The College of Podiatric Medicine
- The East Liverpool Campus
- The Salem Campus
- The Trumbull Campus
- The Tuscarawas Campus
Masks are required indoors except while working alone in an enclosed space, such as a private office or lab.
Kent State is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for counties at "high," "medium" or "low" community levels when making determinations for safety precautions on our campuses and locations. Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Trumbull and Tuscarawas counties are currently designated as "high" community level for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC.
In counties that are at a "high" community level, the CDC recommends:
- Wear a mask indoors in public.
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines.
- Get tested if you show any virus symptoms.
- Those at high risk for severe illness may want to take additional safety precautions.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy.
Melissa Zullo, Ph.D., MPH
Director, Pandemic Institutionalization Effort
Interim Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs
Program Coordinator – Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Professor of Epidemiology, College of Public Health