Pass/Fail Grade Requests for Fall 2020
NOTIFICATION FROM THE UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR: PASS/FAIL GRADE INFORMATION FOR FALL 2020
As previously communicated, Kent State University has modified the policy regarding Pass/Fail grading for undergraduate and graduate courses taken in fall 2020.
Program areas may restrict specific letter-graded courses in a student’s program from being approved for the Pass/Fail grade (see the list of program restrictions). In addition, there will be limitations on how many courses you can request Pass/Fail, and the letter grade you earn will be used for course prerequisites and program requirements. All information on the Pass/Fail grade option, including limitations and FAQ, can be found on the Pass/Fail Interim Policy website.
The following is information on how to submit a Pass/Fail grade request for fall 2020. You can also find these instructions online. We encourage you to talk to your instructor and advisor to see if Pass/Fail is the best action for you to take for your course.
Students may submit a Pass/Fail grade request for a fall 2020 course starting Monday, Dec. 7, 2020 (12 a.m.).
To submit a Pass/Fail request for a fall 2020 course:
- Log on to FlashLine.
- Click on Student Dashboard.
- Click on Pass/Fail Grade Request.
- Select Fall 2020 term and click Submit.
- Select the first course you want assigned Pass/Fail from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- Next to grade mode select Pass/Fail in the drop-down menu and Submit Change.
- If you want to select a second course, repeat step #5; otherwise, exit the screen. You may select up to two courses a semester with no more than four courses, total, for summer 2020, fall 2020 and spring 2021 combined.
- You will receive an email confirmation to your kent.edu account that the Pass/Fail grade has been processed.
- You can confirm the Pass/Fail grade mode has been applied by looking at the grade mode next to the course on both the Add/Drop Classes page and the Student Printable Schedule page in FlashLine.
The last day to submit a Pass/Fail request for a fall 2020 course is Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020 (11:59 p.m.).
If you submitted a Pass/Fail request for a fall 2020 course and now wish to cancel the request, follow the steps below.
To cancel a submitted Pass/Fail request for a fall 2020 course:
- Log on to FlashLine.
- Click on Student > Courses and Registration (under Resources).
- Click on Cancellation of Pass/Fail Request.
- Complete the information on the form.
- Sign and click Finish.
- After your request has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation to your kent.edu account that the Pass/Fail request has been canceled.
- You can confirm the cancellation by looking at the grade mode next to the course on both the Add/Drop Classes page and the Student Printable Schedule page in FlashLine.
- If final grades have been entered, you will see the letter grade next to the course in your GPS degree audit the next day.
The last day to cancel your Pass/Fail request for fall 2020 is Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021 (11:59 p.m.).
If you have questions about the Pass/Fail option, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) website.
If you have questions about how the Pass/Fail grade may affect your enrollment status, scholarships or financial aid, contact the student services office at your campus or the One Stop for Student Services at 330-672-6000 or via the Contact Us button on the One Stop website.