Telemedicine and Virtual Visits
There are many telehealth resources available that allow you to talk with a medical professional without leaving home, ranging from no-charge 24/7 nurse lines to telemedicine consultations with board-certified physicians who can prescribe medications.
Kent State University
DeWeese Health Center is offering telemedicine services Monday – Friday. See www.kent.edu/uhs for details.
Cleveland Clinic Express Care Online
- Website: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/eco
- Free on-demand and virtual visits for the public, regardless of health insurance coverage.
- A 24/7 online care team can evaluate your illness, identify if you are at risk, help manage your symptoms any recommend next steps.
- If the provider suspects that you may be infected with COVID-19, they will determine to most appropriate place to send you for testing, assure you get the right care and minimize spread.
- Website: https://www.summahealth.org/virtualvisit SELECT e-visit
- 24/7, FREE virtual e-visits for COVID-19 screenings and e-visits for flu, sinus infections, hay fever and allergies.
- All other conditions are $29 for an e-visit. Audio/video visits are available for $49 and available for anyone living in all 50 states.
Akron Children’s Hospital
- Website: https://www.akronchildrens.org/pages/Quick-Care-Online-Virtual-Visits.html
- Free COVID-19 screening through the virtual care portal for Children’s patients of its pediatric locations.
- There is a $49 fee for all other services or diagnosis.
- Available daily from 6 am - midnight
Many insurance plans cover telemedicine services, but coverage varies with each plan. Call the customer or member services number on your insurance card for more information.
Call the customer service number on your insurance card to see if Teladoc is a covered service under your plan. Teladoc connects you with a licensed doctor by phone, video, or mobile app.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Video visits using LiveHealth Online are a covered benefit for most Anthem plans. Call the member services number on your insurance card for coverage and benefit information.
24-hour nurse line: 1-866-246-4358
- CareSource24: 24-hour nurse line (see your insurance card)
- MYidealDOCTOR is a CareSource telemedicine provider. It provides members with 24/7/365 on-demand access to board certified physicians for consulting, diagnosing and prescribing with interactive audio or video for common illnesses.
- Members are normally contacted within 15 minutes of requesting a consultation. MYidealDOCTOR visits have the same copay as a regular primary care visit.
- CareSource24 nurse line: 1-866-206-0554
- MYidealDOCTOR: http://www.myidealdoctortelehealth.com/
- Depending on your plan and location, eligible Cigna customers can connect 24/7 with board-certified doctors, licensed clinicians, or nurses through online video chat or phone.
- If covered, out-of-pocket costs are the same or less than primary care visits.
- Log into to your myCigna account to access Cigna Telehealth Connection.
- 24-hour nurse line: 1-888-912-0636
- Call the customer service number on your insurance card to see if telehealth services through LiveHealth Online are covered under your plan. 24/7 visits with a doctor using a smartphone, tablet, or computer for $59 or less per visit.
- Kent State employees and their covered dependents covered under the university-sponsored health plan with Medical Mutual have access to Cleveland Clinic’s Express Care Online. Express Care Online is a secure service that offers 24/7 care with no appointment needed for simple conditions such as sinus infections, cold symptoms, rashes, ear aches and stomach pain. To register for Express Care Online telemedicine, please have your Medical Mutual ID number available:
UnitedHealthcare (Community Plan)
- Effective March 17 through April 30, 2020, for all UnitedHealthcare Medicaid plans, telehealth services provided via a real-time audio and video communication system can be billed for members at home or another location.
- Call the member services phone number on your insurance card for more information.
- Most UnitedHealthcare plans have benefit coverage for Virtual Visits when they are in network and for certain non-emergency medical conditions like flu, colds, pinkeye, rashes, and fevers.
- Virtual Visit providers include Teladoc, American Well, and Doctor on Demand.
UnitedHealthcare (Student Health Insurance)
- Nurse line and student assistance: 1-866-847-5338
- Member Services: 1-888-799-7716
- UnitedHealthcare StudentResources is encouraging members to take advantage of Virtual Visits, available through the HealthiestYou mobile app.
- For more information, log into www.uhcsr.com/MyAccount. UHCSR insureds have access at no charge, when included with their UHCSR medical plan, or at a $40 copay otherwise.
University Health Services:
- 24-hour nurse line: 330-672-2326