Degrees & K-12 Reading Endorsement | Literacy Education | Kent State University

Degrees & K-12 Reading Endorsement

Dr. Belinda Zimmerman with Literacy grad students, reading camp 2018

Master's Degree in Reading

We offer an M.Ed. (Master of Education) in K-12 Reading/Literacy Specialization. ​The K-12 reading endorsement is earned within your Master's Degree.

Read More
Children at the 2018 reading camp play a word game

K-12 Reading Endorsement

Certifies holder to teach reading in K-12 settings (seeker must already hold a valid teaching certificate or license). Holder must have had 9 to 12 hours in reading coursework prior to beginning any endorsement coursework.

Read More
Part of the Behind the Brain sculpture

Doctoral Studies

You can earn your Ph.D. under the Curriculum and Instruction umbrella with a specialization in Literacy.

Read More