Simple Steps for Health: 28-Day Challenge Begins March 1
Exercise does not need to be complicated. Walking does not require any special skills or talents, and daily walking is a great way to stay fit. Just put one foot in front of the other.
Taking regular fitness walks will strengthen your bones and muscles, burn calories, improve your mood and reduce your chances of getting sick.
This 28-day program begins Wednesday, March 1, and is designed to help you move more by setting goals for total steps walked each day. Participants are encouraged to:
- Track your steps daily.
- Create a goal based on your current activity level and meet your goal at least five days each week.
- Work toward achieving 10,000 steps per day over the 28-day challenge.
- Learn more about “fitness walking” and work toward making fitness walking half of your daily steps.
- Make walking social. Invite family, friends and co-workers to share in the benefits of walking.
- Keep it fresh by trying different paths and routes in your area.
- Work on becoming a lifelong walker.
Participants will receive weekly correspondence from Be Well solutions and track their weekly progress. As always, we have prizes for our participants. Each week, the Employee Wellness team will host random drawings to keep you motivated and support your wellness goals. Winners will be announced throughout the challenge. Register through Friday, Feb. 24, to be a part of this challenge.
For more information, contact Kim Hauge, director of employee wellness, at 330-672-7505 or Sandra Cole at 330-672-7501 or email@example.com.