The candidate will present the following materials for the first or a succeeding third-year review:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- Student evaluations (SSI summary sheets and student comments) from all classes taught at Kent State University during the preceding two and one-half years.
- Syllabi and other instructional materials for one or more classes, including copies of representative marked student papers.
- A peer evaluation based on class visits conducted by a team of two faculty members in accord with the department’s policy on peer evaluation for full-time and part-time faculty (Section 5).
- Materials that bear upon assigned administrative or other responsibilities for which equivalencies are given.
- A self-evaluation statement.
- Other materials that may bear upon the evaluation of teaching performance, such as evidence of student achievement, analysis of student records, evidence of involvement in curricular development, etc.
- In addition, the Department recognizes that significant aspects of instructional activity take place outside the classroom, and candidates are encouraged to include evidence of success in non-classroom teaching in the file.