Faculty Leaves

All leaves, sponsored or unsupported, personal or professional, are subject to the approval of the Chair, the Dean and the Provost.

University leaves include but are not limited to:

            1.      Research leaves (see University Policy Register 3342-6-11.8).

            2.      Leaves of absence without pay (see University Policy Register 3342-6-11.9).

            3.      Faculty professional improvement leaves (see University Policy Register 3342-6-12 ).

            4.      Research/Creative Activity appointments (see University Policy Register 3342-6-15.3).

Leaves of absence on a one-year (or less) basis without pay may be arranged through the Department Chairperson and, with his or her approval, the approval of the Dean of the College, and the approval of the Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. Such requests for a leave of absence should be filed not later than the first of March for the next academic year. However, the University can and does recognize "court leave" (see University Policy Register 3342-6-11.5) and does have a defined policy concerning military leave of absence (see University Policy Register 3342-6-11.6).