Visiting International Students
Are you ready to apply to the Kent State University New York City Fashion program? We’d love to have you and here are the details of the process to get you on your way to experiencing it for yourself.
Before applying to Kent State, you need to have earned an educational equivalent to an American high school diploma and have a good undergraduate academic standing at an international university.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Part of your application process will be to provide documentation of your proficiency in the English language. To see what level of proficiency is required for admission please review the English Language Proficiency requirements.
VISA AND IMMIGRATION
If you do not hold U.S. citizenship, you will need to obtain a J-1 student visa to study at Kent State University. If you are admitted to our program, you will receive a Kent State University admission letter and additional paperwork to complete to allow you to apply for a J-1 Exchange Visitor visa to study in the United States. You are personally responsible for applying for this student visa and while the Office of Global Education can provide advice, they cannot apply for or act on your behalf in the visa process.
For the most recent information on U.S. student visa requirements, please check this website from the United States Department of State.
PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL without appropriate paperwork. If you do not have the correct paperwork, you may be asked to return home on the next available flight at your own cost. The United States Department of State and Customs and Border Protection remain the final authority on issues of international study.
- Contact us!
- Submit the Prerequisite Confirmation form and a copy of your transcript.
- Complete the Online International Visiting Student Application. Visit the International Undergraduate Non-Degree Programs page on the Office of Global Education’s website for details and instructions. When you are ready, Apply as an International Student. Delays in submitting supporting documents by the required deadlines will delay your admission to Kent State University.
- Complete and submit the Pre-Approval Application form.
- Once your Kent State application and Pre-Approval Application form is processed, you will receive an email confirmation indicating if you are accepted or wait-listed along with further details on completing the required Commitment Contract – a formal agreement confirming your participation in the New York City Fashion study away program.
- After we receive your Commitment Contract you will need to pay the Program Fee, which must be paid online with a credit card.
The Commitment Contract and Program Fee must be submitted by the required deadlines. If you submit the Pre-Approval Application form and are accepted into the program, but don’t submit the Commitment Contract and Program Fee by the deadline, you will be dropped from the program.
This process might sound difficult, but we assure you it is not. Always remember, we are here to help you if you have any questions at all.