In 2016 a university-wide climate study was launched with the goal of identifying strengths and barriers related to Kent State being a welcoming, engaging place that nurtures a culture of inclusiveness and respect. In the spring of 2017 the survey results were presented and the findings are the foundation for the work of the Great Place Initiative (GPI). The GPI team works to help Kent State create and maintain a healthy, inclusive environment for all.
- Engagement that inspires positive change
- A learning-living environment that creates a genuine sense of place
- Diversity of culture, beliefs, identity and thought
- Freedom of expression and the free exchange of ideas
- A collaborative community
- Respect, kindness and purpose in all we do