Graduate Student Organizations
The Kent State University graduate student community is home to several student organizations. Check out their websites at the links below for more information and events.
- Graduate Student Senate – Graduate Student Senate (GSS) is composed of senators from all departments and programs on campus that have graduate programs on the master and doctoral level. Through regular meetings, the senate seeks to improve graduate student life and research on campus through student initiatives and research grant funding.
- Black Graduate Student Association – Supporting the academic, professional and social needs of Black graduate students and opening the doors to higher education to more individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds, BGSA is dedicated to the promotion of academic excellence, mentoring, professional guidance and social support.
- International Graduate Student Association – Meets the professional, academic and socio-cultural needs of international graduate students within the Kent State community. Dedicated to the promotion of academic excellence, mentoring, professional guidance and social support that will enhance the opportunities for Kent State’s international graduate students. We wish to provide a place of refuge where international students are encouraged to share ideas, concepts, concerns, challenges and successes and engage in partnerships and multidisciplinary research.
- QGrad – The official student organization for LGBTQA+ graduate and professional students at Kent State University. By organizing social, educational and professional events, QGrad aims to address the specific and diverse needs of Kent State’s LGBTQA+ students.
- Scienista – The Scientista Foundation is a national organization that empowers pre-professional women in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) through content, communities and conferences. Scientista serves to connect all communities of women in STEM at campuses across the nation, building a strong, cohesive network of women in science that can act as one voice.
- Affinity groups – The Division of Graduate Studies sponsors affinity groups for graduate students who are parents and for first generation graduate students. Our affinity group help graduate students build a community, share experiences and learn about available services and resources.