Best Benefits Club Offers
Kent State University is a member of the Best Benefits Club (BBC), which offers discounts to hundreds of recreational activities and locations in Ohio and throughout the United States. Kent State faculty and staff can take advantage of the BBC offerings and save money throughout the year on everyday needs and family fun.
Examples of discount prices for destinations and activities are listed below. Please contact Best Benefits Club for questions.
- Kings Island
- Great Wolf Lodge
- Cleveland, Columbus and Akron Zoos
- Regal, Cinemark and AMC theatres
- Playhouse Square Use promo code: KENT
- Cleveland Indians games
For great deals, visit the Best Benefits Club web site and create an account by following the steps below:
- Click on the Login Tab on the left-hand side near the top.
- Create a username and password.
- Type in the activation code, kent410.
- The account created is your personal account.
Once logged in you can search for a discount by activity or location, and follow the instructions to access the discount or purchase tickets. Questions about the program should be directed to BBC at 330-273-5756.
Christopherson Business Travel is available to KSU employees. Christopherson can be used to plan for leisure travel and to coordinate additional travelers if needed (such as when traveling with a partner/child or adding additional vacation days to the beginning or end of the trip). Travelers should call Christopherson directly at 800-285-3603 with your personal travel inquiry and note personal travel when booking.
Enterprise Car Rental
KSU Employees may receive a discount on personal rentals from Enterprise. Vehicles rented in the State of Ohio receive a larger discount than rentals obtained outside of Ohio. Rentals outside of the State of Ohio have discounted a percentage off of the retail rate and the percentage may vary from state to state. Vehicles rented from an airport location are generally higher than rentals in a non-airport location. Reservations can be made at the Enterprise website, toll-free at 1-800-rent-a-car or you can contact the local Kent Enterprise office at 330-677-4447. In order to obtain university negotiated pricing, please contact Procurement at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the proper customer code when making your reservation.
Fast Park - Cleveland Hopkins Airport Parking
As a corporate traveler, you have a lot on your mind; but thanks to Fast Park - Airport Parking with 17 facilities in 14 markets, we pride ourselves on consistent, exceptional service.
Enroll in our complimentary Relax for Rewards program with your company name to guarantee a $9.00 (CLE) and $8.00 (CLE) daily rate*. As a member, you will earn points redeemable for free parking and have 24/7 access to your online account to print receipts, review parking history, and request free parking. Enroll now at no cost and with no obligation. Discover the Fast Park difference today!
- KSU Apple Store
Kent State faculty, staff, students, and parents of students are eligible to receive discounts on Apple Computer hardware and software products. There are advantages to ordering in-store vs. online. The Apple Store is located in the University Book Store in the Kent Student Center.
- DELL Computers
Employees can purchase Dell computers for their personal use at a discount through the University Book Store in the Kent Student Center.
Stop by the Bookstore for a personalized consultation!
- Kent State Athletics
Kent State faculty and staff are eligible for athletic discounts on season tickets for football. Employees can take advantage of this discount through the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and purchase season tickets through payroll deduction. For more information on discounted ticket prices and the payroll deduction option, please contact the Ticket Office by phone at 330-672-2244 or by email at email@example.com. Information is also available on the Kent State Athletics website.
- The Akron Symphony Orchestra
Kent State faculty and staff can receive a 10 percent discount on adult ticket prices by showing your Kent State ID at the box office, or enter code: Kent22 when purchasing tickets online through May 12, 2023. Please note that parking is not discounted.
- KSU Ice Arena
The KSU Ice Arena offers discounts to employees. Rates are subject to change. Click on the KSU Ice Arena link above for hours of operation, programs, lessons and admission prices etc. For more information, contact the Kent State University Ice Arena at 330-672-RINK or 330-672-7465.
CELLULAR PHONE SERVICE DISCOUNTS
Many cellular phone service providers offer discounts for university students and employees. Be sure to ask if you're eligible for a discounted rate!
BOOK STORE DISCOUNTS
- Kent State University Bookstore - Barnes & Noble will provide University faculty, staff, doctoral fellows, graduate assistants, and active alumni a minimum discount of 15% on all merchandise available at the Bookstores over $1.00, except adopted textbooks, special orders, sale books, class and alumni rings, computer software, periodicals, discounted merchandise, computer hardware, stamps, health and beauty aids, food snacks, and beverages. Present your KSU ID card when checking out and request the KSU employee discount.
- Regional Campus Bookstores - Barnes & Noble will provide University faculty, staff, doctoral fellows, graduate assistants, and active alumni a minimum discount of 15% on all merchandise available at the Bookstores over $1.00, except adopted textbooks, special orders, sale books, class and alumni rings, computer software, periodicals, discounted merchandise, computer hardware, stamps, health and beauty aids, food snacks, and beverages. Present your KSU ID card when checking out and request the KSU employee discount.
- DeWeese Health Center - You can purchase over the counter products from DeWeese Health Center at a reduced rate. Employees can also get their prescriptions filled at DeWeese Health Center using their Caremark prescription card. Easy and convenient. (NOTE: Not all prescriptions will be available.) The phone number for the pharmacy is 330-672-8254.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - Firestone Complete Auto Care offers a 10% discount on tires and services to KSU employees. Firestone is located in historic downtown Kent at 202 E. Main St. Call 330-673-1700 to schedule an appointment. You must let them know you are a KSU employee when scheduling and you will need to provide your KSU ID at checkout.
- Flynn's Tire & Auto Service - Flynn's Tire & Auto Service, located at 1897 St. Rt. 59, Kent, OH offers a 5% discount on tires and a 10% discount (up to $25) on service. Call 330-673-8473 to schedule your appointment and indicate you are a KSU employee (or student). Present your KSU ID at checkout to receive the discount.
- Montrose Auto Group Preferred Customer Program - The Montrose Auto Group (the official auto group of Kent State Athletics) provides a special Preferred Customer Program Card for all Kent State University employees. Discount savings are available on the purchase or lease of vehicles, parts, service and collision work. Montrose also offers employee discounts on cellular phones. Call 330-697-7700 for information.
- University Press - Kent State University Press offers a 20% discount on KSUP books to KSU faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Discount is redeemable on orders placed with the Press either by calling their order fulfillment center at 800-247-6553 or by visiting the University Press website. Website orders must include the code KSU20 to receive the discount.
Discounts are subject to change without notice.