How do I file a complaint of unlawful gender-based discrimination?

Anyone who believes they have experienced any type of conduct that is prohibited by Kent State University’s gender-based discrimination policy can file a complaint. Complaints can be filed in person, by email ( or by using the Gender Based Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Form. If the complaining party wishes to file a formal complaint, the complainant’s name and any written statements will be submitted to the accused party. However, if the complaining party requests that their personal identifiable information (i.e., name, cell number, email or address etc.) not be shared with the accused, the university will honor such a request in so far as is compliant with the law. Be advised that maintaining a complainant’s anonymity may limit the extent to which the university is able to investigate and respond to the complainant.