Employees - Draft a FWA proposal for the supervisor’s review using the Flexible Work Arrangement Request Form.
- Work with supervisor to document arrangement.
- Maintain performance standards and correct any issues as they arise.
- Understand and adapt to colleagues’ various work schedules.
- Review ongoing arrangement with supervisor routinely and at least annually..
Supervisors - Review flexible work arrangement proposals submitted by employees.
- Make a determination whether the proposed arrangement fits with business needs, communicate the outcome to the employee (and other staff members as needed), and work with the employee to document the arrangement.
- Be consistent in the review process when approving or denying flexible work arrangements, and make the decision process as transparent as possible.
- In situations where a request may be determined infeasible, consult with HR Employee Wellness representative prior to issuing the denial. Consider alternatives to unfeasible requests.
- Review ongoing arrangements with employees routinely and at least annually.
Division of Human Resources/Employee Wellness - Consult with employees and supervisors on policy interpretation and best practices for integrating flexible work arrangements.
- Consult with a supervisor who makes the determination to deny an employee's flexible work proposal, prior to the denial being issued.
- Maintain records of all FWA Request and Termination forms.