Our master's in music education program is flexible and convenient and allows you to remain in the teaching position you love.
The program is designed for experienced k-12 music educators. Delivered in a 100 percent online format, our program accommodates demanding schedules and satisfies diverse professional needs.
Why Kent State? We provide:
- 100% online courses. Kent State Online has its own course and instructional design team, so all of the content is created by faculty and designed for the online platform.
- Outstanding faculty. Learn from some of the country’s finest music teacher educators in all areas of specialty. Many of our faculty have published multiple research articles, textbooks, book chapters, and journal articles.
- Personal attention. We are dedicated to helping you succeed in your academics! You will have a professional Academic Advisor throughout your collegiate experience as well as be assigned a Faculty Advisor when you enroll in Capstone.
- Opportunity to complete an elective in one week! During the summer, students can choose to take a one week, 3-credit hour elective focusing on unique music methods. Recent courses include:
- Rock Band Methods
- Vocal and Instrumental Jazz Pedagogy
- Affordability. The program costs only $655 per credit hour.
- Proudly Accredited. We are accredited through NASM, National Association of Schools of Music, Kent State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as well as Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- Rolling admissions. You can enroll in classes every seven weeks, fall, spring, and summer. Please refer to our admission page for application deadlines