- This is an opportunity for the faculty reviewers to learn more about you and your goals. You can also share how this degree will help you obtain your goals.
- Be sure to submit your best writing. We want to see not only that you have great reasons for pursuing the degree, but also that you can clearly articulate those reasons.
- You might consider having a colleague or advisor read over your goal statement before you submit it to make sure that you’ve communicated clearly. It would be especially helpful to have someone with a graduate degree look at it.
Letters of Recommendation
- 3 letters are required
- Try to get letters from a diverse group of people. They should not all be from teacher colleagues.
- We are looking for two things from these letters: evidence of your effectiveness as a teacher and an assessment of your potential to succeed as a graduate student. Find people to write these letters who can provide us with information on one or both of those things.