Scholarship & Financial Aid
Undergraduate Music Scholarships
Music majors are eligible for scholarships and other forms of financial assistance from a variety of sources.
Several of these programs are administered directly by the School of Music, others are coordinated through Student Financial Aid. It is possible to receive combined assistance from more than one source.
SCHOOL OF MUSIC SCHOLARSHIPS
- Awarded for outstanding musicianship upon recommendation of the audition committee at the time of acceptance to the School of Music. One audition applies to both acceptance and scholarship application.
- Scholarships range in a variety of amounts per academic year and may be available for up to four years (eight semesters) provided students meet academic and performance expectations for renewal.
- Most of these scholarships are awarded soon after our March audition date.
Questions about School of Music Scholarships?
H. Gerrey Noh, Undergraduate Studies Coordinator
email@example.com | 330-672-2397
KSU ORCHESTRA SOCIETY SCHOLARSHIPS
- Service scholarships awarded by the society in support of the activities of Kent State University Orchestra.
- Awarded to exceptional candidates by the Orchestra Director.
- Amount of awards vary according to talent and need and may be renewable.
- May be awarded in addition to other School of Music Scholarships.
- Continuation of the scholarship is based upon artistic development and fulfillment of service responsibilities.
Marching Golden Flash Award
- $1,000 divided into two $500 installments between the fall and spring semesters.
- Recipients must participate in ALL required activities of the Marching Golden Flashes.
- Incoming Kent State University first-year students.
- Past returning members of the Marching Golden Flashes.
- Must be enrolled in classes at Kent State.
- Open to students of ANY major at Kent State.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SCHOLARSHIP?