WHO NEEDS TO AUDITION?
- Undergraduate Students: All students interested in any Bachelor of Music (BM) and Bachelors of Arts (BA) programs need to audition in their major performance medium (voice or instrument).
- Graduate Students: Only those interested in pursuing a Master of Music (MM) in Performance or Conducting need to audition for admission to their program of choice. Students pursuing Master of Arts (MA) programs only need to audition if interested in applied lessons.
- Music Minors: Those interested in pursuing a Music Minor with a general or Jazz Studies concentration must audition in their performance medium. World Music Minor students do not need to audition for admission to that minor.
- Non-majors: Students in other majors need to audition in their performance area if they wish to take applied lessons.
Spring 2022 or Fall 2022 Enrollment
- Saturday, October 23, 2021*^ (Submission deadline: Wednesday, October 13 at 11:59 p.m. EDT)
Fall 2022 Enrollment
- Saturday, Jan. 29, 2022 (Submission Deadline: Wednesday, January 19 at 11:59 p.m. EDT)
- Monday, February 21, 2022 (Submission Deadline: Friday, February 11 at 11:59 p.m. EDT)
- Saturday, March 12, 2022 (Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 2 at 11:59 p.m. EDT)
- Saturday, April 9, 2022 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 29 at 11:59 p.m. EDT)
- Monday, Aug. 22, 2022 (Submission Deadline: Friday, August 12 at 11:59 p.m. EDT)
- If you wish to audition in person but none of the dates listed above work for you, a Special Audition can be arranged.
- Email Music Admissions to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship and Graduation Assitantships Consideration Deadlines
- Undergraduate applicants who wish to be considered for a music scholarship need to complete their audition by March 12, 2022.
- Graduate students who wish to receive priority graduate assistantship consideration should complete their live audition on or before March 1, 2022.
Virtual Audition Options
We encourage you to attend one of our in-person audition dates. However, we also understand this may not always be possible due to distance from the Kent Campus or other factors. We offer two virtual audition options for admission to the Glauser School.
Before choosing either of the options below, please email Music Admissions to discuss which one is right for you and how we can help at email@example.com.
Recorded Video Audition
- Scholarship Consideration: Pre-recorded audition videos need to be received by 11:59 p.m. EST (US) on March 12, 2022 to receive full consideration for merit-based School of Music scholarships.
- Graduate Assistantship Consideration: Pre-recorded audition videos need to be received by 11:59 p.m. EST (US) on March 1, 2022 for priority graduate assistantship consideration.
- General Admission: Pre-recorded audition videos will be accepted until Friday, August 12, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (US).
Live Virtual Audition
- This option still allows you to audition live but from wherever you are on our designated in-person Audition Days or by arranging a Special Audition.
- There is a $15 charge for this option.
- Email Music Admissions to make sure this option is available when you intend to audition.
- For Music Scholarship consideration, complete your audition by March 12, 2022.
- For Graduate Assistantship consideration, complete your audition by March 1, 2022.
- All prospective music majors, music minors and applied lesson participants must complete an audition application.
- Click here to sign-up for your audition.
Select Your Audition Format
Live, In-person Audition (Preferred)
- Select your preferred date from the ones listed.
- Special Audition: Select "I am unable to attend a date listed above but wish to do an in-person audition. I will contact the School to set-up a separate date."
Virtual Recorded Audition Video
- Offered in cases where distance to the Kent Campus is an issue.
- Questions regarding this option can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select "I wish to submit a recorded audition."
- Follow the instructions for completing your recorded audition, making sure to follow the repertoire requirements for your performance medium (voice/instrument).
Live, Virtual Audition
- Please email email@example.com before selecting this option to discuss with the Recruitment Coordinator.
- There is a $15.00 charge for this option.
For audition and admission information
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-9239
For questions about Scholarships, course offerings & transfer credits
For questions regarding graduate studies and assistantships
For questions concerning Stark Campus offerings (Music Technology)
email@example.com | 330-244-3274