WHO NEEDS TO AUDITION?
- Undergraduate Students: All students interested in any Bachelor of Music (BM) and Bachelors of Arts (BA) programs need to audition in their major performance medium (voice or instrument).
- Graduate Students: Only those interested in pursuing a Master of Music (MM) in Performance or Conducting need to audition for admission to their program of choice. Students pursuing Master of Arts (MA) programs only need to audition if interested in applied lessons.
- Music Minors: Those interested in pursuing a Music Minor with a general or Jazz Studies concentration must audition in their performance medium. World Music Minor students do not need to audition for admission to that minor.
- Non-majors: Students in other majors need to audition in their performance area if they wish to take applied lessons.
Fall 2021 Enrollment
Recorded Virtual Auditions
- For undergraduate scholarship consideration, please submit your audition application and videos by March 13.
- For graduate assistantship consideration, please submit your audition application and videos by March 1.
Live Virtual Audition Dates
Experience a live, in-person audition day—virtually!
- Feb. 15*^: Application closes Friday, February 5, 11:59 p.m. EDT (US)
- Mar. 13*: Application closes Wednesday, March 3, 11:59 p.m. EDT (US)
- Apr. 3: Application closes Wednesday, March 24, 11:59 p.m. EDT (US)
- If none of the dates above work, a special audition date can be arranged. Request this on your audition application!
Percussionists: Prospective percussion students will only be able to submit Recorded Virtual Auditions. Please request "Virtual Recorded Audition" on your audition application and include a link to access your video.
*Prospective undergraduate students auditioning on this date will receive full music scholarship consideration.
^Prospective graduate students auditioning on this date will receive priority graduate assistantship consideration.
- All prospective music majors, music minors and applied lesson participants must complete an audition application.
- Click here to sign-up for an audition.
Select Your Audition Format
Virtual Recorded Audition
- Select "I wish to submit a recorded audition."
- Follow the instructions for completing your recorded audition, making sure to follow the repertoire requirements for your performance medium (voice/instrument).
Live Virtual Audition
- Select from the dates listed.
- Special Audition: Select "I am unable to attend a date listed above but wish to do an in-person audition. I will contact the School to set-up a separate date."
For audition and admission information
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-2172