Who Needs to Audition?
- Graduate Students: Only those interested in pursuing a Master of Music (MM) in Performance or Conducting need to audition for admission to their program of choice. Students pursuing Master of Arts (MA) programs only need to audition if interested in applied lessons.
- Non-majors: Students in other majors need to audition in their performance area if they wish to take applied lessons.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PREPARE?
- Audition pieces vary according to the candidate’s specific major performance medium.
- Pre-screenings are not required for most candidates. The only exception is candidates for our conducting program. See our audition requirements below for more information to prepare your pre-screening for the the MM in Conducting.
- See below for our audition requirements. If you have any questions about the materials or would like to substitute any literature, please contact the applied instrumental/voice teacher to discuss!